Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Chicken Gyros with Tzatziki Sauce




I've been CrAvInG a yummy gyro. I'm totally missing the Grecian Key in Pocatello. So I gave this recipe a try and it turned out pretty good! The softwrap bread was delicious!!!! So soft and perfect. The chicken was really good too. The sauce wasn't what I was hoping- but who can compare to the Grecian Key? It all turned out really good, though. I'm totally adding it to my fave recipes!




Marinade for chicken




4 cloves garlic


Juice of 1 lemon (about 3 Tb)


2 tsp red wine vinegar (I used what I had and it was still great!)


2 TB extra virgin olive oil


2 heaping TB plain yogurt (I used leftover Greek yogurt from the tzatziki sauce)


1 TB dried oregano


salt and pepper


1 1/4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts cubed




Marinade chicken for about an hour in refrigerator




Tzatziki sauce




1 6 oz container Greek yogurt (I used Yoplait)


1/4 shredded cucumber


2 TB red onion, finely chopped


1 tsp dried dill


2 tsp lemon juice




Mix ingredients and let refrigerate for a few hours so the flavors can meld




Soft wrap bread




this is a long recipe so I'll just post the link. Enjoy! http://http//www.melskitchencafe.com/2009/08/soft-wrap-bread.html


No comments:

Post a Comment